My vehicle was towed because the drive did not have a license. What do I do now?
The California Vehicle Code requires that any person driving a vehicle in public must be a licensed driver. The driver's license must be current and issued by the State of California or another State within the United States. If a vehicle is stopped and the driver does not have a license, the Vehicle Code requires a 30 day storage.

The vehicle can only be release after 30 days. The owner of the vehicle must show current registration, insurance and a valid driver's license to the Police Department, who will then issue a vehicle release form. There is a $100 fee for this form. The Police Department does not set the fees for towing or storage. These fees are set by the individual tow company.

You may also request to have a Vehicle Impound Hearing to try and get the vehicle released earlier. Either obtain the form from the Greenfield Police Department or download it once completed, return it to the Greenfield Police Department during normal business hours. Access the hearing request form (PDF).

Show All Answers

1. Where can I be fingerprinted?
2. Does my organization need a permit to hold a raffle?
3. Who is responsible for reporting an accident to the insurance company?
4. Can I request a uniform patch from the police department?
5. What can I do about cars and trucks parked in front of my house?
6. What should I do if I see someone spraying graffiti or committing some other minor violation?
7. How do I report a crime or report a traffic accident?
8. How do I see my arrest record?
9. If I call 911, how does the dispatcher know where we live?
10. My vehicle was towed because the drive did not have a license. What do I do now?
11. I keep getting annoying "hang-up" phone calls. Nothing is ever said and it's driving me crazy. What can I do?
12. What can I do about speeding vehicles on my street?
13. In my neighborhood, sometimes I see things that are out of place or unusual or people who are suspicious Can you tell me what I should do?
14. Should I install a burglar alarm in my house?
15. How do I get a copy of a crime report?
16. How can I protest a parking ticket?
17. How do I check on the status of my crime investigation?
18. If I have been involved in a collision and want a copy of the police report, what should I do?
19. How do I make a citizen's complaint or report outstanding performance by an officer or employee?
20. How do I apply for a permit?
21. What does the Police Department do to accommodate people who do not speak English?