The inspections that follow the issuance of the permit are required to ensure that work completed on your project meets current building codes and standards. Unsatisfactory work, faulty materials or violations of the code could result in unsafe and hazardous conditions for you, your family, your employees or the general public.
Order of Inspections
You will need to have your project inspected before any work is covered up. Inspections are conducted from the ground up and in a specific defined order. You may not move forward in your construction without passing each inspection.
- Inspection requests made before 4 p.m., Monday through Friday will be completed the following business day.
- Inspection requests made after 4 p.m. will be scheduled out 48 hours to the following business day.
When scheduling your inspections please note that the following information is required;
- Date of Inspection
- Permit Number
- Jobsite Address
- Type of Inspection
- Contact Name
- Contact Phone Number
- Inspection Preference AM/PM (AM inspection: 8:30 am 12 p.m. // PM Inspection: 1:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.)
- We do our best to accommodate AM/PM preferences but there is no guarantee that we will be able to so.
All information must be complete and accurate, otherwise the inspection may not be scheduled.
To obtain a 2 hour inspection window please feel free to contact the Building Line (831) 304-0333 after 8:30 a.m. the morning of your scheduled inspection
- Please have permit card and "approved" set of plans on the jobsite and available for the inspection.
- There must be an adult (18 years or older) present for inspections of the interior of an occupied building.
- Any changes to the stamped plans must be resubmitted to the Building Division for additional review, and then returned to the project site before calling for an inspection that involves the change.
Applicant must call to cancel an inspection no later than 8:30 a.m. the morning of the inspection by calling the Building Line (831) 304-0333.