About the Memorial Hall
The Greenfield Memorial District was formed in 1947 to provide for the construction of a memorial hall and gathering place for the American Legion and to celebrate and facilitate community activities for returning war veterans. The primary function of the Greenfield Memorial District is to operate and maintain the Greenfield Memorial District Hall which was completed and opened in 1956.
Once the largest facility of its kind in South County, the Greenfield Memorial Hall has an assembly capacity of 750 persons and a dining capacity of 500. The Hall has been used as a community activity center and includes a full-court basketball gymnasium that also serves as auditorium space with a stage facility.