Construction & Demolition Diversion Requirements
Determination of acceptability and designation as demolition and construction debris is solely the responsibility of the bona fide processor, landfill or transfer station representative. (Ord. 483 §2 (part), 2008). View the construction and demolition diversion requirements (PDF).
Neither a waste reduction and recycling plan nor an administrative charge shall be required for the following:
- Installation of pre-fabricated accessories such as signs or antennas where no structural building modifications are required. (Ordinance 483 §2 (part), 2008).
- Installation of pre-fabricated patio enclosures and covers where no foundation or other structural building modifications are required.
- Installation of swimming pools and spas excavation that does not exceed 16 square feet, and any related construction or alterations necessary for pool or spa equipment or accessories, nor to any other portion of the project.
- New nonresidential construction of less than 5,000 square feet.
- New residential construction projects of less than 2,000 square feet.
- Nonresidential alterations of less than $5,000 in value.
- Residential alterations of less than $2,000 in value.
- Roofing projects only.
- Seismic tie-down projects.
- The installation or replacement of shelves.
- Work for which a building permit is not required.
- Work for which only a plumbing, electrical or mechanical permit is required.