The City uses the 2022 California Fire Code, as amended by Monterey County, to ensure the safety of residents. This code establishes regulations affecting or relating to buildings, structures, processes, premises and a reasonable degree of life and property safeguards regarding:
- Conditions affecting the safety of fire fighters and emergency responders during emergency operations.
- Conditions hazardous to life, property or public welfare in the use or occupancy of buildings, structures or premises.
- Fire hazards in the buildings, structures or on premises from use of, occupancy of, or operation.
- Matters related to the construction, extension, repair, alteration or removal of fire suppression or alarm systems.
- The hazard of fire and explosion arising from the storage, handling or use of structures, materials or devices.
The Fire Department uses the services of Mr. Jim Dias who is employed by CSG Consultants from San Mateo California. Chief Dias is a retired from the fire service after 34 years in the fire service. His last assignment and position were as Division Chief/Fire Marshal. He started his career as a volunteer firefighter and progressed through the ranks and served in many capacities from engineer to Division Chief, served as a training officer, safety officer, public information officer, and fire investigator. His contact information is:
Plans Examiner/Fire Safety Inspector
CSG Consultants, Inc.
1700 South Amphlett Boulevard
San Mateo, CA 94402
Fire Safety Apartment Guide for Property Owners and Managers
For English, please click HERE
Para español por favor haga clic AQUI